Listen to the voice of health freedom and liberty for perspective Sunday, February 13, 2011 from 1 PM to 3 PM EST. Just turn on your radio or at the appropriate time.
Hour One: Pesticides Make You Stupid – Do we really need to kill bugs in order to live? How about to feed? Do we need nutrition or synthetic, cancer-causing chemicals in out food? It seems an absurd question, I know. So why do parents feed their kids pesticide-laden foods?
Common insecticide tied to kids' lower test scores and Prenatal Exposure to Pesticides May Harm Kids' Development
"Kids who were in the highest quartile range of exposure to PBO (piperonyl butoxide) were three times as likely to be in the delayed category, compared to kids with lower exposure," Megan Horton, a postdoctoral research fellow at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health in New York City said.
Remember the Dirty Dozen to avoid?
Of the 12 most contaminated foods, 7 are fruits: peaches, strawberries, apples, domestic blueberries, nectarines, cherries and imported grapes. Notable findings:
• More than 96 percent of peaches tested positive for pesticides, followed by nectarines (95.1 percent) and apples (93.6 percent).
• Nearly 86 percent of peaches contained 2 or more pesticide residues ‚ followed by apples (82.3 percent) and nectarines (80.6 percent).
• Strawberries and domestic blueberries each had 13 pesticides detected on a single sample. Peaches and apples were second, with 9 pesticides on one sample.
• Peaches had been treated with more pesticides than any other produce, registering combinations of up to 67 different chemicals. Strawberries were next, with 53 pesticides and apples with 47.
Celery, sweet bell peppers, spinach, kale, collard greens and potatoes are the vegetables most likely to retain pesticide contamination:
• Some 95 percent all celery samples tested positive for pesticides, followed by imported cucumbers (84.5 percent) and potatoes (84.2 percent).
• Nearly 85 percent of celery samples contained multiple pesticides, followed by sweet bell peppers (61.5 percent) and collard greens (53.2 percent).
• A single celery was contaminated with 13 different chemicals, followed by kale (10), and collard greens, domestic green beans, spinach and lettuce (9).
Celery had been treated with as many as 67 pesticides, followed by sweet bell peppers (63) and kale (57).
Stephen Heuer, from Cocoon Nutrition returns with more details about how to increase glutathione levels to detox pesticides. One World Whey is a simple way to feed the glutathione production (increasing up to 64%) so necessary for optimal cellular health and detoxification. If you would like to try it, call 1-888-988-3325 to get yours!
How about Far Infrared Heat sauna action for pesticide removal?
Now, how about the cleaner foods available for consumption?
The vegetables least likely to test positive for pesticides are onions, sweet corn, sweet peas, asparagus, cabbage, eggplant and sweet potatoes.
• Asparagus, sweet corn, and onions had no detectable pesticide residues on 90 percent or more of samples.
• More than four-fifths of cabbage samples (82.1 percent) had no detectible pesticides, followed by sweet peas (77.1 percent) and eggplant (75.4 percent).
• Multiple pesticide residues are extremely rare on vegetables low in overall contamination. No samples of onions and corn showed more than one pesticide. Sweet potatoes showed multiple pesticides in 9.3 percent of samples.
• The most contaminated single sample among the low-pesticide vegetables showed 4 different chemicals.
The fruits least likely to test positive for pesticide residues are avocados, pineapples, mangoes, kiwi, domestic cantaloupe, watermelon, grapefruit and honeydew.
• Fewer than 10 percent of pineapple, mango, and avocado samples showed detectable, and fewer than one percent of samples had more than one pesticide residue.
Nearly 60 percent of honeydew melons had detectable pesticides but only 14.2 percent of samples contained more than one residue. Grapefruit had residues on 54.5 percent of samples, and 17.5 percent showed multiple pesticide residues.
Thanks for tuning in where there's more healing in two hours than most shows have in a whole year! Your calls at 1-800-259-5791.
Hour Two: MMR - A View to a Gardakill – Not so fast! It seems that the MMR is implicated, once again, in childhood gut damage that is correlated to the autism spectrum. Dr. Wakefield is right!
Yes, a health discovery could re-open MMR debate – a debate which was never shut down here – except for those who believe injecting foreign animal RNA/DNA, heavy metals, antibiotics and other assorted toxins into children is a rational thing to do. Where’s the science?
Certainly not with Gardasil, which is still not tested or proven to prevent cancer. How to prevent and/or reverse HPV infection? Stand by for some information unapproved by the Fake Drug Association.
What would you do if a judge ordered your child to have spinal surgery against your will? If you know of a natural method to promote healing, why should your children be subjected to invasive medical procedure? Who owns your kids?
Empowering the nation and everyone in it to heal, only on the . Your calls at 1-800-259-5791.